Search by location

I’m building an app where I want users to be able to search other users by location and interests… How do I get my users input this information so that other users can find them with it, because users only input their email, password and usernames… Help please

1 Like

Hi @Presh

The easiest way to do that is to create a collection of all possible locations (for example: all countries) and add create a connection with the Users collection.

You can then add the collection to the sign-up form.

I hope this helps!

Thanks, this is helpful, so by doing that, will the users be able to input their locations themselves??

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t understand clearly, do u mean I create one collection for location and put all possible locations on the database of the location collection?? Or
Do u mean I have create entirely a new collection for each location??

1 Like

Yes, I will go through this process:

1- create only one collection that includes the list of possible locations (for example countries). So to answer your question, yes do it as you described below

2- Create a connection between the location collection and the User collection. Choose the first option if each user can only choose one location

3- add the location collection to the signup form:

Once they click sign up each user will have his own location that you can filter later.

1 Like

Wow… Tnks so much

1 Like

Tnk u, but also, I want to do a similar action where user can choose their interests, but In this case, they can choose multiple interests, what will I do differently in this case

1 Like

Just for information : There is a request for get the Device Location that Adalo Team is working on and I believe when that released you don’t need to a add a field to add the location. And also Pragmaflow also created a component : GeoLocation filtering and GPS tacking

1 Like

@Presh You’re welcome!
For multiple interests, you will do the same steps except for #2, choose the second option instead of the first one.

@dilon_perera Hi Dilon, I will definitely try the component, never tried it before. Thanks!

1 Like

Tnx so much

1 Like

Hello, please I’m having a problem, I have put multiple locations, but on the preview, it’s unable to scroll through all the options available… Any solutions to that??

1 Like

Hi @Presh,

I have replied you on the New Topic : Help to scroll through a list - #2 by dilon_perera

Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.