Why would you automatically close all topics after 10 days?

seriously, there are so many similar topics which only need to be opened because it’s not possible to reply to a topic when it’s inactive for 10 days. Why not use an Issue tracker similar to github where issues can be marked as resolved?

Hi Silentrunner, good question!

The reason we do this is for several reasons but mostly because things can get outdated extremely fast.

Adalo is always changing and updating and the way something was done previously might not be the way it is done now. By closing topics after 10 days, we can avoid the common reopening of topics that often leads to miscommunication or disinformation.

3 Likes

@anon78309838 but if you close the issue when it hasn’t been solved at the point of closing but there is a solution later on then this solution can’t be postet even though a lot of users might end up finding the closed yet unsolved topic through a google search.

I think the person in charge has changed to @jessehaywood , but I could be wrong.

Yes, I agree, never close the thread even if there is solution is marked, the beauty of the forum is to get older posts, unlike synchronize communication such as slack that made it difficult to search for older posts that were gems.

I think most people in this forum are nice, perhaps all, so keeping those threads open forever even from official ones are not harmful.

@anon78309838
I had a problem that I found two discussions for on these forums. However, they were either outdated or did not apply exactly. Instead of being able to ‘necro’ the thread and draw the needed attention to existing context, I had to start a new topic and cover the context myself. Ironically in the process of creating a new topic, the UX suggested the topics to me that I already visited but could not post on.

While the prior posts’ relevance was outdated to one extent or another, I find it more burdensome to start a new post entirely with little to no leverage of the time and effort already put into this community by someone else.

For another dose of Irony, consider this post about closing posts within 10 days. The only way we are able to have a centralized conversation on this topic is because the ten day limit does not apply on this category.

Please visit the community of Bubble to see how ‘forever’ threads benefit the community on the Discourse platform.

Another no-code platform that was using forever threads on Discourse is Appsheet. They now use Google’s forums platform since the acquisition, but still with forever threads.