Xano-Adalo Post API issues

I am trying to use Xano as my back-end for my Adalo front-end app and I am running into some trouble, have gotten stuck. Can you help me with this problem?

I have successfully configured an OOTB “Post” API within Xano/Adalo to add a new record.

However, when I attempt to configure another API, the edit record, I keep getting error messages.

Here is how I try to configure the API…

And here is the error message I get

Any ideas?

@xano any thoughts?

I notice in your first screenshot, you have quotation marks around workingOn and user_id.

In the 2nd screenshot, you have no quotation marks around workingOn_ID or user_id.

Here are 2 possible solutions:

1. If Xano requires numbers there, switch the Inputs from text parameters to number parameters. Do this for both workingon_id and user_id.

OR

1. If it accepts those values as text strings, you need to put quotation marks around the workingon_id magic text and user_id magic text in the Body.

So try the first way, switching the input parameters to numbers instead of texts.
Then, if that doesn’t work, add quotation marks around the magic texts in the Body for workingon_id and user_id.

Thanks for the quick response!

Tried both one and two…

Error message
{
“code”: “ERROR_CODE_INPUT_ERROR”,
“message”: “Value "{workingon_id}" is not a valid integer.”,
“payload”: {
“param”: “workingon_id”
},
“status”: 400
}

Error code:
{
“code”: “ERROR_CODE_INPUT_ERROR”,
“message”: “Value "{workingon_id}" is not a valid integer.”,
“payload”: {
“param”: “workingon_id”
},
“status”: 400
}

would it be helpful for me to show a database view?

Yes that would help.

Here are my only two databases at the moment - keeping things simple as I experiment and get things working.

Is there maybe an issue with capitalization that I’m making?

Also, here is the API I’m using… the run and debug works

I see, I understand now.

2 things.

1. The 2 number values do not require quotation marks, as seen in the last screenshot you provided.

2. You need to replace the {workingon_id} text on the URL with the magic text from the inputs. THIS is the main reason why you’re seeing the specific error "Value "{workingon_id}" is not a valid integer.”

1 Like

That worked! Thank you!

1 Like

#Teamwork :sunglasses:

1 Like

You got it Flawless! :muscle: I missed this one. LOL :joy:

I also faced this issue a while ago ( When I’m new on Xano and it’s on my first week after founding Xano ) and after some attempts I realized that this ID is empty :man_facepalming: And after filling that it worked!

Hi @cardinalsofnc and all,
As a tip for all, you don’t need to include the id in the body in XANO for POST Update. XANO only leaves in the body for test purposes in order to be able to pass it to the query parameters.

As an endpoint, it is enough to just add it in the endpoint, as per below:

1 is what is needed, 2 is just for test purposes, no need in Adalo to use it as you are just adding redundancy to the call:

2 Likes