A better/flexible Dropdown Menu Options

Hi there,

I wonder if it is possible to define Dropdown Menu Options without creating a new collection or using an existing collection.

I want it to function as in web development and/or in online form builders where you can provide the dropdown with a list of possible values.

Hi @kaan,

Unfortunately it is not possible to do it with the built-in dropdown component.
The reason is: this component is a kind of list and it requires a connection to a collection to take values from.

I agree that “regular” dropdown with fixed options could be a very useful component. Maybe some component developer will create it eventually.

Best regards, Victor.

Thank you for your reply Victor.

Maybe @Adalo_CXTeam can improve its current implementation. I find it very unpractical , and probably it is bad practise as well, to create a database table just to have 6 static values in it.

1 Like

Yes, there is no enum types :slight_smile: By the way, you can leave your feature request here: https://adalo.canny.io/.

Best,
Victor.

1 Like

I just realised another problem this approach creates.

Since you will have drop-down values as database entries when you copy the app those values are lost so you need to enter those values again.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.