About External Collections with APIs

Do you know how to get all json data taken by API and show all data with Adalo’s component of list? I use external APIs and get goods data in json but Adalo’s component of list shows me one goods data in json…

First picture is taking json data.In this time, Json data has all goods data.

Second picture is setting list for showing goods list. Json data’s parameter is ItemName and ItemPrice.

Third picture is showing same goods data…:frowning:

I am in great trouble…

1 Like
  1. You need to have a unique ID for every item in the External Collection list and
  2. use that ID as the first field in the External Collection created by fetching your test json request

1 Like

Thank you for answer!

But how to add unique ID? Where Adalo’s Interface to it?I can’t find Public_ID column or button to create it…

1 Like

The “Public_ID” is just an example - you can have any ID or even just a json item fro your API - it just has to be unique for every json entry, otherwise ADALO can’t see the list items - just the first one.

So you can try to
a) drug and drop your fields External Collection fields to find the one with unique entry for every json item received, or
b) update the API

1 Like

Try this one:

1 Like

The “Public_ID” is just an example - you can have any ID or even just a json item fro your API - it just has to be unique for every json entry, otherwise ADALO can’t see the list items - just the first one.

I understood! Thank you!

So you can try to
a) drug and drop your fields External Collection fields to find the one with unique entry for every json item received, or
b) update the API

where is drug and dorp?

1 Like

I can create a new parameter in json, can’t I?

or

I can drug and drop “shopCode” to already exitst parameter, can’t I?

Try to drug and drop the shopCode to the first position in the External Collection list (where I have Public_ID).

… if the shopCode is not unique for every item, you will have to ether find a field with unique ones or upgrade the API.

I’m sorry for replying too late…

umm…I can’t drug and drop “shopCode” to the other External Collection list.For example, I try to drug and drop it to “imageURL” but, I can’t. The list of order changed only…

This is exactly what you need - to change the order of the list.

You need the shopCode (assuming it has unique json content for every json item) on the top of the list.

I understood!I set “ShopCode” on the top of the list. But, List shows me the same Items as ever as…
This proves that “ShopCode” is not unique, isn’t this?

If you have reloaded the page after you moved the shopCode on the top - yes, it contains the same code.

Try moving all the other items on the top and reloading the page - chances are you will find something similar to ID.

If not - (ask to) update the API: you need a json filed with unique IDs returned to Adalo by the API.

If you have reloaded the page after you moved the shopCode on the top - yes, it contains the same code.

Try moving all the other items on the top and reloading the page - chances are you will find something similar to ID.

If not - (ask to) update the API: you need a json filed with unique IDs returned to Adalo by the API.

I understood! I didn’t reload page!
I try it!
Thank you!

So how is it going?

I keep fingers krossed for you! )

um…maybe, This Json data don’t have unique data…

sorry, you Even though he helped me a lot…

but this knowledge is important for me.Thank you!

1 Like

Just play with it a bit more and don’t forget to reload - and it will work.

You can also use Postman to check if the API sends everything properly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.