Adalo app which allow the users either to use it as a free plan or upgrade to a paid monthly subscription

Hi everyone! Does any of you have experience in creating an Adalo app which allow the users either to use it as a free plan or upgrade to a paid monthly subscription? Are there any good docs & tutorials to achieve this in Adalo?

Thanks

Assuming that your intention is to alter the app’s behaviour based on the user’s subscription status, then there are a couple of ways to achieve this:.
For changing the UI conditionally, see Changing a Component's Visibility - Adalo Resources
For performing actions conditionally, see Conditional Actions - Adalo Resources

I’d be inclined to add a boolean ‘IsSubscriber’ field to the Users collection. How and where you choose to register a user’s subscription is up to you. You could do as part of the user’s initial account setup, or have a dedicated ‘User Profile’ and/or ‘Subscription’ page from where the user can subscribe, (and maybe unsubscribe, renew as well) Once the user’s ‘IsRegistered’ flag is there then it will be available via the ‘Logged In User’ option universally throughout your app, and you can consult it to tailor your app’s functionality.

2 Likes

I think @Jay covered the bases there quite well. If you have more questions let me know :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.