Adalo Calendar Date Time Format

Hello,

I am using the Google Calendar API to retrieve a list of events from my calendar which I plan to display in Adalo’s calendar component via an external collection. The value the API returns is a combined date-time value (formatted according to RFC3339). I do see Adalo recognizing the type as Date Time. However, the events are not displaying in my calendar. Any help would be appreciated.

Best,
Chelsea

Hi Chelsea,

Welcome to the community :partying_face:

Could you show your setup with some screenshots or from a video?

Hello Dilon,

Thank you for the welcome! Yes, please see attached screenshots. I have an external collection that is populated by an API that I created that interacts with the Google Calendar API. I was sending over the DateTime format which was in RFC3339 format, but I am now converting that value to be a double based on some of the previous forums.

Thanks,
Chelsea

Hi @chelseatcarter,

I think the issue is that you don’t have any unique IDs in the events’ array. In regards to time format everything should work as you’re sending the datetime in number of days since 1/1/1970 (which is Adalo’s format).

Best,
Victor.

1 Like

Thank you so much, Victor. You are absolutely correct. Now the events are showing on my calendar.
Just to clarify, is unix time okay, or is it a necessity to break it down to the double format like such? The reason I ask is because I want to eventually display the selected time slot and know that since it is a double, I can’t set the format to be of datetime to display to the user.

1 Like

Actually, I just tested sending the datetime value (long) from Google Calendar’s API which is in the RFC3339 format and it shows up correctly. Thanks so much again for your prompt help!

2 Likes

Hi @chelseatcarter,

Just realised that you have full control over API and you may try to return it in ISO 8601 format. Internally Adalo operates with number of days, but it may recognise 2024-02-12T11:23:49Z in the JSON. At least worth trying :slight_smile:

Great to hear that you’ve managed to solve it and thanks for sharing!

Best regards, Victor.