Adalo Calendar Help

Hello, I’m new here and apologies if this has been answered before but I can’t find the answer.

I am looking for one calendar that automatically updates from several different databases and also the user can manually enter an event. As far as I can see the Adalo calendar is linked to only one database and there isn’t the opportunity to add an event to a day. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Liz

Hey there @Liz_Stevens Welcome to the community :sunglasses:

What you can do is have an additional collection called “Calendar Events”. Have a one-to-many relationship between calendar events and users where users can have multiple calendar events but a calendar event belongs to 1 user. Also create one-to-many relationships between each collection and the calendar event collection so that the different collection belong to 1 calendar collection.

Every time a record is added to one of your “different databases”, also create a calendar event for that user. That way, you can have a calendar that contains the “Logged-in User > Calendar Events” and it will display all items from each different database for that specific user.

@Liz_Stevens,

So you want to connect several collections to the same calendar? Why you can’t do this with a one collection? What are that collections? Is it possible to show your database,setup and explain what you are trying to do from a video ( you can use Loom )?

This thread may help here too! : Multiple collections - Display on Same Calendar

Thank you

In my explanation, I referenced a specific app that I’m in the process of making. It’s a Homeschool app.

Users can create field trips and classes but both have different databases. They can also add misc events to the calendar. So I created a “Calendar Events” collection that houses both field trips and classes on a single “My Schedule” type of calendar.

1 Like

Thanks very much. I understand your explanation & I’ll try & set it up. Thanks a lot, Liz

1 Like

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I’m going to try & set up the calendar database first. Thanks, Liz

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.