AdMob Integration in list after set number of records

Hi guys, does anyone have an idea how to set AdMob to show up in a list after set number of records? I’d like to integrate it among the records and show it more than once but not too many times. Therefore I thought it would be great to set it to show after let’s say each 10th record but I am not sure how or how to do that. If anyone knew, please let me know! :slight_smile: Thanks.

2 Likes

I can’t think of any way to do this currently. I will have a chat with the team later to discuss if there is any way to achieve this as it’s an interesting use case for this component!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! It would be super useful I believe for many users :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok I have got this working.

What you need to do is add an extra property to your collection for the list that you want to display the admob banner in.

This should be a True/False boolean property and you can call it “Ad”.

Now you should add the admob banner into the list, where it would normally display in that list.

You then want to place a visibility rule on this admob component.

Now all you have to do is create a new record in the spot that you would want to place this ad.

If you want to do it after every 10 items, then you might need to create another property in this collection that is a number type and this will increment each time a new record is added. Then every 10th record you can create an empty record and place the “Ad” boolean as TRUE.

Result: (Seto to 7th item in the list)

Hi Colin, that sounds like a great idea! However, can you please advise me on how to set numbers property in collection to manually add numbers (1-10) so I can set it to 10, as you mentioned? Thanks :slight_smile:

@Colin Don’t you please have any ideas for that? :slight_smile:

On your action to create a new record you can set the record number property to be the Collection > Count +1

1 Like

Thanks Ben, but how you set it to recognise when to start counting again from 0 (to achieve maximum number 10)?

I assume there is no solution for that then?

Hi Tommen,

We try to get to every support request so sometimes our responses may be longer than usual. Please be patient. I will bring this question up during our support meeting to see if we can brainstorm how to do this.

1 Like

Hi Colin,
No worries, appreciate your help! :slight_smile:

Hi Tommen,

this is proving to be more difficult. I will keep trying for a solution but right now I do not have one.

1 Like

Hi Colin, I had been thinking about that and I’d like to ask an additional question. If we manage to resolve this situation and the ad will be shown after every 10th record (just an example), is it going to show the same ad (since the Ad-ID is going to be the same for each record in the list) or is it going to generate a different ad? This may be more a question for someone pro from AdMob but maybe you know this :relaxed: Thank you.

Hi Tommen,

@Ben was able to solve this with some very sophisticated math!

I have made this app cloneable so that you may view the details of the setup and apply the same to your own.

As you can see in this app. Everytime you click the button, it will add a new “Item” record. Then on every 10th record, it renames it to Ad. :slight_smile:

Hi Colin, I had been thinking about that and I’d like to ask an additional question. If we manage to resolve this situation and the ad will be shown after every 10th record (just an example), is it going to show the same ad (since the Ad-ID is going to be the same for each record in the list) or is it going to generate a different ad? This may be more a question for someone pro from AdMob but maybe you know this :relaxed: Thank you.

This one I do not know the answer to and you may need to aks AdMob.

2 Likes

Hi Colin,
I am super grateful for help of both of you! Thank you so much!

Can you please just explain to me how to set up the following formula?

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 18.27.56

I am not sure how did you set the ROUND(( formula, I couldn’t find it anywhere :thinking: (Item count as well as divided by 20 is understood :slight_smile: )
Thank you!

The round formula can be found in the functions section. It is only available for “number” property types.

1 Like

I see I was searching somewhere else :no_mouth: Thanks a lot again to both of you :hugs:

Prove me please if I am wrong but if I give it a try, it works for every record added after 10th (10th included) meaning it is not shown for first 9 records and then it is for every record.

Am I doing something incorrectly or is it set up this way? What I was trying to achieve was to show it after every 10th record (10th, 20th, 30th…). Sorry for being annoying :zipper_mouth_face: and thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Hi @Colin, could you please have a look at that? :slight_smile:

Did you copy the formula exactly as demonstrated? In the demo provided you can test and prove that every 10th record (10th, 20th, 30th) is indeed an ad reserved record.