API database external Mysql?

Hello, I need
an API for connecting to mysql databases? Any recommendations ?

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/index-connectors.html
Not sure if this is what you are looking for - it really depends on where your database is and how it is set up for interaction with other services

Hi @softal,

There is no direct way to do it from Adalo.
Please see here Connect Adalo app with MySql database/table and here Mysql data base vs adalo

I’d be happy to discover if someone knows an easy way to do it!

Best regards, Victor.

1 Like

If you aren’t afraid of a bit of PHP coding you can create your own REST interface to read data fairly easily. But I’m running into all sorts of issues with updating the data :frowning:

Here is a good tutorial on it https://codeofaninja.com/2017/02/create-simple-rest-api-in-php.html

Thank you for the great write ups on this issue.
I found this

looks interesting but they don’t give a price - so that feels expensive

1 Like

Hi @Graham,

Thanks for the link, bookmarked! :slight_smile:

As for me, the problem with building own API is not about coding, but more about maintaining it later… if you have just MySQL - ok, you can use AWS (for instance) to store the base for you. But if you need PHP - then you need Apache/Nginx. Which is, in turn, quite probably, will require some OS instance (Linux for example). Then you’ll need to install management tools there (to be sure that server is up and running, there is enough disk space, etc), be sure to have regular updates for the OS and software packages, etc. etc. etc…
The beauty of SaaS and No Code is that you don’t really care about all this infrastructure :slight_smile:
Just my 2 cents :slight_smile:

Best regards, Victor.

Hi @EdU,

Thanks for the link!
Yes, sites without pricing looks quite strange and make you think about some enterprise-level prices :slight_smile:
Best,
Victor

@EdU Yes Dreamfactory’s pricing is ridiculous, it was about $15,000 a year from memory, great product otherwise.