App store Rejected - Data Collection & Storage

Hi there,

Can anyone help me figure out why my app is being rejected in the app store?

Guideline 5.1.1 - Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage
“We continue to notice that your app requests the user’s consent to access their camera and photos but still does not clarify the use of the camera and photos in the applicable purpose string.”

My app is using the default form image to ask the user to upload a profile picture then stores it in its profile.

Any urgent help would be greatly appreciated. @Ben

Hey!

Sorry for the delay here! You should be able to change that in the iOS setting in the publish tab here:

That should get you approved by Apple!

1 Like

Thanks David,

I got a hold of Ashley yesterday and she helped me figure it out!
I have no idea how I missed those settings on my initial publishing!

The app is live on the app store now :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Guideline 5.1.1 - Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage

We noticed that your app requires users to register or log in to access features that are not account-based.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to let users freely access your app’s non account-based features.

Apps may not require users to enter personal information to function, except when directly relevant to the core functionality of the app or required by law.

You should allow users to freely access your app’s non account-based features. For example, an e-commerce app should let users browse store offerings and other features that are not account-based before being asked to register, or a restaurant app should allow users to explore the menu before placing an order. Registration must then only be required for account-specific features, such as saving items for future reference or placing an order.

this is my problem… can you help me?