Apple AppStore Rejected my app

Guideline 5.1.1 - Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage

We noticed that your app requires users to register or log in to access features that are not account based.

Apps may not require users to enter personal information to function, except when directly relevant to the core functionality of the app or required by law. For example, an e-commerce app should let users browse store offerings and other features that are not account based before being asked to register, or a restaurant app should allow users to explore the menu before placing an order. Registration must then only be required for account-specific features, such as saving items for future reference or placing an order.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to let users freely access your app’s features that are not account based.

Resources

See guideline 5.1.1(v) - Account Sign-In to learn more about our requirements for apps with account-based content and features.

Guideline 5.1.2 - Legal - Privacy - Data Use and Sharing

We continue to find that the app privacy information you provided in App Store Connect indicates you collect data in order to track the user, including Precise Location and Coarse Location. However, you do not use App Tracking Transparency to request the user’s permission before tracking their activity.

Starting with iOS 14.5, apps on the App Store need to receive the user’s permission through the AppTrackingTransparency framework before collecting data used to track them. This requirement protects the privacy of App Store users.

Next Steps

Here are two ways to resolve this issue:

how i can solve it

Hey there @Motazabuzaid

The answer is right there in what you pasted.

You either have to revise the app to allow some features to be accessed without logging in or update the app privacy information on the “app privacy” tab of the app store connect.

Thanks alot, about the second problem, what i can do,

My response is the solution to both. :blush:

You must update the App Privacy section so that they know what data you collect and how you use that information. By doing this first and explaining how the data is used, you may not need to revise your app.

Since I do not know what your app does or what it displays, Apple is assuming that some of the content may be made available for users without having to register first. So if this is the case, you could possibly revise your app to display some of the content without having the user register first.

If your app functionality requires users to log in first, explain to them in the reply of the app rejection the use case and put also put the reason why they need to register first in the notes of the “App Review Information” section on the app version page.

The tracking, you have to put info on the same app privacy page as the rest of the data you collect.

1 Like

Dear, Thanks alot,

But this is the first time i’m trying to upload to app store, my app is an food delivery app, so what i can choose from app privacy, thanks alot

The options you select are the options of the data that you collect in your app.

Do you collect the users’ email addresses? If so, select email address. Do you collect users’ names? Then, select name. Select all of the options that pertain to your app. Then, you select the options to explain what you use the data for.

You select all of the options based on your app.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.