Apple Guidelines: User Generated Content (Filter)

Hello everyone, I was reading the guidelines of the app and I came across the request to insert in the app a filter for “questionable” content by users (especially for social networks or communities)
I report below what is written in the rules:
1.2 User Generated Content

Apps with user-generated content present particular challenges, ranging from intellectual property infringement to anonymous bullying. To prevent abuse, apps with user-generated content or social networking services must include:

-A method for filtering objectionable material from being posted to the app
-A mechanism to report offensive content and timely responses to concerns
-The ability to block abusive users from the service
-Published contact information so users can easily reach you

up to now I had respected the last three rules (contact with the platform, reports and user ban)
but I didn’t think it was necessary to implement a filter at the base for what users post …

and the question is: how can I do?

My users can post texts and photos (both public and private via chat).

I think this can be useful for everyone, as I don’t want my app to be rejected.
Does anyone think this is a necessary point?

cheers

up…this is so much important for community and future app

I have seen an app rejected for exactly this. The solution was the blocking, reporting, strong Ts and Cs. I did not have to go to anthting as drastic as filtering content.

Just show you take it very seriously and make some obvious changes etc and hopefully that’s enough.

what is “strong Ts and Cs”??

How can you demonstrate that you care so much about the content that users post? Have you ever worked on similar apps (released)
So there will be no automated filter to set when users post items, I was thinking for example of a filter that intercepts swear words or words not allowed … but it is very difficult to do and if it is not necessary I would exclude it.

Can you recommend anything else?

Ts and Cs = Terms and Conditions

When they sign up, have your terms and conditions there (with a lot of emphasis on what content they can’t post), and make them agree to them before continuing to the app.

Yes I have worked on a released app, and I fixed the rejection exactly as I described above.

You can use filters but it’s a last resort because like you said it’s hard work. Apple accepted the revised app without any automatic filtering in my case.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.