Apps are "Still Sharing"

Hello Everyone… This isn’t the first time I asked this… in fact I gave up on Adalo for this very reason… I made half a dozen Good Apps… for my Hobby3000 customer’s and all kept sharing… in other words… everyone saw what the others had entered into their apps…
Even though I had made all forms in the apps “Logged in User” it made no difference… and now this new one I have just finished… giving Adalo another go … https://app.loco3000tspro.com.poddleytaleseuro.co.uk/ is no better…

So I would appreciate any help in solving this… by that I mean to stop all sharing … each app must be individual as sensitive data is in them… I must be doing something wrong… but I cant see how I will ever be able to distribute these apps until this is solved…

I am not using Shared databases… I want to just use these on PWA system… I have my own domains… the fields and data that will go in them are to much for android etc…

The demo is in the form of a Mobile layout… https://app.loco3000tspro.com.poddleytaleseuro.co.uk/

Hope someone can sort this for me…

Lyn Poddley…

Hi @LynPod

I can go to this screen without login,

Do you allow users to enter information without login, it will make the relationship for logged in user does not work.

2 Likes

Hello Yongki… Thank you for helping me!..
Definitely not… Strictly Login Only!..
I have just looked at the screens and based on what you have said is that the screen (I call Flash) has Welcome and Home) on it… I have removed the Home and now placed it on the Login… Do you think it should be somewhere else instead… as the pictures show…

Here is a better start-up layout of all the screens…

Regards…
Lyn…

Hi Lyn,

I think this Menu screen should be designated as Home.
Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 3.04.03 PM

Home screen is where we link to after signup and login, if you have multiple roles in the app, this home screen can redirect to other screens depending on roles, so this redirect home screen should be clear without components and have link actions in the visit screen with conditional of the roles the users have.

But if you only have 1 role, just use that Menu as home screen, no need for redirect.

2 Likes

Think’s Yongki… I will change it to this Menu screen… as there is only one user per app…

Changed it now!..

Lyn…

Hello… here is the rest of the screens…

All forms are (Logged in by user)

The only filtered lists are the "Scroll box (with pics in at top) I don’t use filters in any forms only the “Search” Custom Filter so as to match Loco with appropriate form to go with it…
Note: The scroll box is Not (Logged in as User)because it hides and can’t see any pics… I don’t know why… earlier apps it works but not this one…
if you are already logged in…

Lyn…

We need to take a look at the database relationship and the list that you use in that screen that is “still sharing”

You can take screenshots of the related collections and list filter settings.

Hello… Yongki… I am back in now from shopping so will be here all day… I agree… I can’t work out those “relationships” for Toffee!..
Users

Database…

Unfortunately… The relationship doesn’t show on previous selections… unless you know how to see them when they are selected…
Connections…

Detail Log: Collection:… has a user in it as all the others… but can’t see the relationship…

Lyn…

Hello…
Here is the User List;…

Lyn

Hi,

Great, shopping can ease your mind. :smiley:

I think the relationship type you choose is correct, an alternative way to think is parent and child analogy, the parent can have count of how many children they have, and a child can look up their parent’s name.

So in your case, parent is users and child is detailedlog.
It is confirmed by the icon of that relationship field, so in the detailedlog collection, you get single icon of user, which means this collection is child type that need to look up to parent’s name which is users collection.

So, I guess we should check the content of collection, if that relationship field is populated.

Then we can check the form setting where you put automatic fields and list settings for its filter.

1 Like

Hello… I remember going down this road with Ashly years ago… you are right with everything you are saying… The auto field at bottom of each field list is set to “Logged in User”… I have only just noticed by accident that the “Permissions” section in the Users or at top right you can change to what you wish… all the permissions where set to probably default… “Everyone can See… Edit etc” because Adalo Apps by default want to share!.. all mine don’t… so i have changed them to Logged in user in both tabs… to all Logged in user… I don’t know if it has made any difference… (Don’t think so)

What I do know is… That all sections are shared not just one… Except for “To-Do list” and the reason for this is that that was an ad-Din from your “Clone It” section in Adalo… I have scrutinised it till blue in the face… but there is nothing that jumps out at me… but it is the only item in the app that is Not Shared!

I am going to bed now… it is 9:15 here in Cumbria Lake District … and pitch black outside… so another tossing and turning night might reveal something by morning…

Lyn…

Glad you made progress.

Fresh mind helps a lot as the settings are everywhere which can be difficult if we forget where to uncover it. :smiley:

Shoot another problem with example if you still need it.

1 Like