Build Test App won't let me Login

Hello Everyone…

After Android Build… and install on phone … for some reason will not let me login… even though I have entered details correct… and changed password 3 times…

Any idea’s… Because I am at “Bursting Point” with this…

and while I am on here… can someone tell me… is the Adalo database shared… by that I mean … when anyone signs up on the phone to login and use the app… the data that is entered in the fields is only visible to the one signed up… and does not show any other users input…

Keeping each user data to them only…

Thank’s

Lyn…

Are you able to login from a PWA?

The data question - that depends on each screen you setup and how you filter the data.

Hello Tony…

I just want to know that anyone signs up in the android app… that the data they input into it… that app remains only to them… I don’t want any data shared …

It seems today’s way of doing things is to share data… Cloud etc… Not for Me… The data entered is for only the one entering it to view…

Lyn…

So to do that you use the things in lists where you restrict what is shown based on things like “Logged in user”, having access to something via a True/False… ie Is_Admin? Or Is_Staff?

The only TRUELY Secure way of restricting data is to use a unique Database for each company or what not… this makes things complicated for people to update apps etc (regardless of the builder/tech you are using). If you want to learn more about it google Multi-tenant apps, Multi-tennancy etc. It’s a big part of the reason enterprise apps are so much money to buy and maintain as basically it’s like having a custom app, DB etc.

Hello Tony…

Since last chat… I have asked someone to sign up and while going through the various sections … filling in and so… Nothing is showing on mine that the user helping added…

Except for one… and this one added from the Adalo items at bottom of left panel… “To-Do-List” … when the user helping added a new to-do… ist registered on mine… and when I marked it done it registered on hers…

when I deleted it … it was deleted from hers as well… so how do I stop this… None of my apps share data of any kind… is there something attached to it that can be shut off…

Yes… I can login to the PWA… https://app.detek3000.com.poddleytaleseuro.co.uk/

to sum up… it looks like the data entered by the user… by default is viewable only by the user…

maybe the To-Do-List add on which I might say is Great and works well… has a whatever to make it visible to all using it…

Lyn…

Check how that list is filtered, and how items are updated

Otherwise it would be best to do a recording that shows us:

• how the User and Todo DB are setup
  • How those screens are setup, and the button actions on them are set
  • Then walk through live in the app.

Hello Tony…

I have made a rough Video on the “To-DoList” from Adalo “Clone it” and shows all relative settings…

However as not the way I want it so have made updated version for my app…

I have kept the database as is… but removed the “Request” on the screen to see if it stops sharing… but not had anyone try it yet… it was the only thing I noticed on the origional “clone it” version… that maybe causing it to share…

Lyn…

Hmm… not sure, a bit hard to follow through for me… if possible if you could talk through what you are trying to do as you click through it that would help.

Tony…

Relax on this… Sorry… its down to my fault…

My android phones wi-fi was showing correct when tested… but was misreading …
did local conection… (I live in England Lake District) but not poweful enough to get to USA… or any other
with distance…

But all “Sussed” now and working fine…

The vids show… the “Clone it” and my version on the app… Both work fine… the only problem is… you or any one else who has signed up for the Detek app can change my To-Do list and overide mine… including … adding… deleting… etc… and I can change theirs… (it is sharing on every user detek app).

Lyn…

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.