Associating User Photo from User Record to a Different Record created by the same user

I have searched the forum and I haven’t found exactly what I am looking for help wise.

I have a User Database that stores a user photo and user details, I have an event database the allows users to create an event.

In the event database I am capturing the created user email address and the created user screen name additionally I have a User-created Profile image field in the event database.

So when a user creates an event in the event database, the creator’s user name, and their email is auto-added in the background to those event fields,

I would like to get the created user profile photo to shop up in the User-created Profile image field in the event database automatically.

Hi @WadeSaxton,

Did you try to create a relation Events to Users (one User can have many Events but one Event belongs to one user), and then access the User Profile image via that relation?

Best,
Victor

Hello Victor,

I did create the relationship using the following process

In my events database, I added a property, selected relationship, Chose Users, and selected one User can have many Events but one Event belongs to one user and changed the name to "Event Created User).

I then set my Image field in events to the following

Image Source - Database - Current Event - Event Created User - User Profile Picture

Checking my test events that I created my user profile picture does not appear …

Thoughts?

Hi @WadeSaxton,

According to your description everything seems to be correct.
I checked it in the similar set up - works for me.
Could you shoot a short video showing your set up, relations, and the problem itself?

Also: if you copied & pasted the Image component, you might need to re-enter the picture source.

Best,
Victor

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.