Can I Check user platform for an mandatory update workaround?

Hello Everyone,
it’s been an exciting journey to implement my app using Adalo. :grinning: It forces us to be creative and find workaround and solutions for so many features, I am having fun!
So, I don’t want to be worried about compatibility in the future, which means, if I want to make changes to the data base and flows, I want to do it without being worried about users running old versions. The only way to do it is to force an update. So… I created a modal screen that says something like Hey, there is a new version available and you have to update in order to keep using the app. To make this happen I created a collection, named “Versions”, and a time property called Mandatory Update Starting Point. Then, the Home screen has an action to go to the modal screen IF Versions Collection Mandatory Update Count is Equal or greater than 1 for Date-Time that is … well, there is a screenshot and you can see how I did it… PERFECT! it works just like it should be. BUT…
Now it’s time to link the button to the specific platforms (android will be sent to Play Store and iOS to App Store )…Any idea of how I can identify users platform without having 2 buttons … :frowning:

2 Likes

Well, I actually did it by hosting an simple html/js page that checks the platform. If anyone knows a better solution please let me know.

Hi @brunoribeiro,

And where did you place this script?

Best,
Victor

Hello Victor,
I hosted in our website and linked the “UPDATE” button to it (using open website/url action). So, this “platform” verification can be done before sending the user to the correct store.

1 Like

Ok, thanks!
I thought there is some undocumented way to have such page inside Adalo :slight_smile:

Best,
Victor

Well, there is the NocoderHQ HTML Renderer Component which i tried to use but i don’t believe it allows me to run .js script.

1 Like

You can use this to create a link which automatically redirects user to respective stores based in their current OS.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.