Change in Push Notification Behavior - Users Getting Kicked to App Home Screen

I submitted a ticket for this, but thought I would share here as well in case anyone else is observing this.

I have a chat app where users receive push notifications (enabled via Adalo’s API) about new messages. When this happens, users would see the notification, but their app would not respond in any way. This was fine.

Now, as of this month for the first time, when users get the push notification, it kicks them out of their current screen and moves them back to the home screen.

Adalo must have changed something as my app was working fine for many months and I have not changed a thing.

Anyone have suggestions to restore the behavior where my users are not kicked off the screen they are working on?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hey AdamF

Can you confirm it happens in latest builds?

I can try a new build. The builds I am working on are 6 months old. Thanks for pointing me to this, I had no idea.

1 Like

Cool, let us know how you get on

Hello, please try to publish a new build, and if the issue persists you can submit a support ticket through this link: Submit a Support Ticket

Thank you!

1 Like

:broom:

The new builds fixed it. Wish I got an email or something to alert me that Adalo pushed new features which broke my exisitng code that was working happily for six months.

Anyway, @Rozza thanks for pointing this out, you were spot on with your recommendation.

1 Like

Too true.
That bug affected any published app which relied on notifications. They need to do better.
Right now there are published apps affected.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.