Conditional linking on page view (or button) not working

My login screen sends the user to a “routing page” where I have 2 conditional links based on a “true/false” variable in the users collection.

If variable = true links Home
If variable = false links Intro video

The problem that I’m having is that sometimes the linking does not work, I even put a button on the “routing page” with the same conditionals and sometimes the button does nothing!

Yes! I have triple checked that the variable has either value.

I’ve come up with this “routing page” after having problems with my login not logging in the user.

Thanks for any help!

If you have placed all those actions on a single screen, it’s possible that the actions are conflicting, but I would like someone else to confirm that as well.

Of course they are on the same screen, how else am I suppose to implement this functionality?

I apologize. Now I see that I wrote it wrong. I meant on the same button

This conditional is on the same page on the “when a user visits the screen” action part of the page.
It is how the documentation and the forum says it should be done.

Doesn’t make sense to create 2 buttons and let the user choose its path, the path depends on a variable.

Of course. You’re right. I was wondering if you’ve assigned any other actions to that same button? Because what I see seems well done to me.

Ah, no there’s no other actions, just the 2 that I show in the picture.
It is an app-breaking problem and I can’t find any solution on the forum…

1 Like

Now is working. The only thing that I did was to use a text field to print the state of the variable on the screen just to debug… Suddenly, it works…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.