Creating a basic table?

Hi everyone,

Am I missing something or is it currently not possible to create just a basic table? I see that lists can have multiple columns (4 max?!) but these columns cant be set to different properties of a collection.

How can I go about creating just a standard table in Adalo?

I do not think there is a way to do that currently. I have not seen anyone do it at least :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s crazy! I really thought this should be something basic and possible. Tables are fundamental to web design are they not? :frowning:

What a pity.

1 Like

@anon78309838 You can do this. If your table has 5 columns, add 5 text components in a row. Then select them all and click Make List in the left panel.

6 Likes

That is neat! Have to try that out sometime. :slight_smile: Thanks Ben.

This is a nice work around thanks Ben. Didnā€™t know this was possible.

How do you make headers though for these columns and make them line up? Iā€™m struggling to do that.

That can be tricky, and definitely having a table component in the future would be very helpful.

You can try putting your column headers inside of a rectangle component. That usually helps.

2 Likes

Another leading No code platform that has been around 5+ years does really not have it yet either despite many feature requests.

Perhaps there is some technical reason for itā€™s absence - but I do think that if the addition of ā€˜headersā€™ can be implemented then Adalo addresses a huge pain point that said platform doesnā€™t offer and that their users are clamoring forā€¦

1 Like

I am trialing at the moment and currently use Bubble and Caspio, and I need tables.

So I am glad I came across your post, as tables that can be filtered and searched is critical for me for data input from the app.

Maybe I have to look at other options or possibly use this for the mobile input and use something else for the web applicationā€¦ food for thought :smiley:

Thanks for the info! I was also searching the table component in the left panel :smile::+1:t2:

Hi @Ben .
I need this 5+ columns list and there is no full functionality as I add 5+ text components in a row.
As I try to add dynamic text, it changes the text per column, not to the row / full listā€¦
Maybe in the future would be great to allow more columns to the custom listā€¦

Hi Colin and all members here,
I used AppSheet for several years and it is based on table views of the data. I am initially concerned that there isnā€™t a simple table construct in Adalo but I am going to create some of those tracking / delivery apps in Adalo using filtering and lists. I have a notion that they will work as well with the use of a Status data field.
Thanks for raising the topic of tables and for all the responders . Mary

Same. Totally bizarre. I would have thought this was a basic primary function.

Itā€™s very easy to make your own table with rectangles and text components.

1 Like

That looks neat @Flawless
Do you find count and calculations perform fast enough?

Yeah, just fine.

A newbie question here, how can you add an option of downloading this table content to excel?

@Flawless Iā€™m working on an interface much like youā€™ve shown here, but Iā€™m having trouble with the ā€œresponsivenessā€ of Adalo. If I make my browser window juuuuust the right width, then everything looks perfect, like yours, but then as soon as itā€™s made smaller or larger, all the components go wonky - it seems like Adalo just randomly picks which components expand and which donā€™t. Itā€™s especially hard to keep headers lined up with their cellsā€¦ Is there something Iā€™m missing? Are you doing some certain nesting of ā€œrectanglesā€ to keep things right?

@tbtilton Yeah kinda. Do a screen recording and show me what youā€™re talking about.

@Helpingclients Youā€™ll have to use a component like Listify by Adalomatic (can be found here: https://components.adalomatic.com/). That component can provide a csv result that you can use. Youā€™d have to reach out to @knight for more info on how to use it for your specific use case.