Custom app settings

Hi, is there any way to achieve something like general app settings with variables which can be referenced on various screens?

In my case, I want to send a notification to all users with a lower app version number than the current one, but I don’t want to handle the current app version number in different places (currently, I have to change it in three places when I release a new App).

This would also be useful for default values in forms where relationships of collections are used. i.e. when a new item is created, a relational field is pre-filled with a default item from the settings and can then be changed by the user.

Update @Flawless I missed your reply and now the topic is closed so I have to edit my post in order to add to this.

The question was not about how to send the notification about the app version to all users (which I already managed) but how to store general settings or global variables.

on another note: how do you detect the user’s device in order to direct them to the proper app store?

Hey there @silentdrummer

This is possible with a button action and filtering your users.

Like this:

The “update available” screen has a link that detects the user’s device and directs them to the proper app store.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.