Date and time appear in weird format

Hi all,

I created a form using text inputs and dropdowns.
The dropdown is linked to a date/time collection.

When i check the preview, the date and time comes up in a weird format.

Can anyone help me with this please.

Thank you

Hi @Shohidul,

Here is the thing: dropdowns (in the form and standalone) take first field’s value from the collection as a a display label.
So, I assume that 1st field in your collection is a Date or DateTime field. The format you see is a raw text ISO time format.

To solve this you can change the fields’ order in your datetime collection, so that the 1st field is a Text type, call it “Text Time”, with some human-friendly info about current record.

I can imagine that records to your datetime collection are added dynamically (by app users). Then you won’t be able to enter the human-friendly info. However, the workaround could be:

• you Create new record in this collection - put datetime value to datetime field (from the place you get it)
  • and you also put same datetime value to the “Text Time” field, and you can format it in the way you want.
    If this option isn’t available (you use a form), then you add a 2nd step to Update new record and put a datetime value from DateTime field to a Text Time field.

Hope this was clear.

Best regards, Victor.

1 Like

Hi @Victor

Is this what you meant.

I updated the record so that when the date/time is added by user, it adds date and time to the text field.

However it hasnt changed on the app though, it still comes up in the weird format

Hi @Shohidul,

Interesting. Yes, this is what I’ve meant and it worked for me. Did you try to re-create the form?

Best regards, Victor.

Hi @Victor

Thank you! It worked now, I had to recreate the dropdown component

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.