Day/Date based list sorting

Not sure if this is possible. Trying to figure out how to show records in a list based on the day of the week. So, if today is Wednesday, the app would only show records in a collection with a value of Wednesday in the “Day of the Week” Property. Ideally I would like the App to recognize today’s date and know that it is Wednesday and show a filtered list of the records that contain Wednesday as the “Day of the Week” Property.

4 Likes

Did you ever figure out how to do this? I’m needing to do the same thing for my app.

Instead of a “Day of the Week” property, I think you should have a date field. This date field doesn’t necessarily have to be visible to the user, but must be present in the collection.

For the custom list, add a custom filter based on the date field. The time must be between “Start of Today” and “Tomorrow”.

That should work.

For a real-life application, you can take a look at this: https://cal.peculiaryogi.com/

We’re displaying classes based on the day, and the schedule only shows classes from today onwards.

1 Like

This comes close and may work for some other use cases. For mine, I have recurring events/deals every for example Wednesday. I just want to show those events/deals that occur every Wednesday by default when the user opens the App on a Wednesday. I haven’t figured out a way to do this other than provide a user with a drop-down list with each day of the week. Not a great UX, but does work.

Same. I’m trying to show a list of events for “this week” and “next week” that a user creates in a form…I was able to set the form date automatically (How do I calculate an event date for the next monday? (forms)) but haven’t been able to figure how to have the date for “next monday” to be shown on the UI since it’s calculated…

here’s what I mean…

The calculated field just shows up as “unix time” aka something like…18519.16666666668

It seems like I need:

1. to be able to update the date picker field with magic text
  2. to be able to format a text box as a date when magic text is used

Neither of those are options right now and so I’ve been trying to figure out how to do create a hacky way of doing this by inserting a blank update page in the beginning of my workflow to update these dates, but haven’t found anything I like.

I feel like there could be an incredibly obvious way to solve this that i’m just overlooking right now, but haven’t been able to figure it out yet.

I am going to have to try this morning but so far I haven’t. Thinking out loud you might want to create a list of days and a relationship between the event and one of the days. Like that should then be the easy to do what you do