Filtering list by today's date

Hello,

I know many have struggled with dates and times, but I was wondering if someone might understand my case. I have a test collection containing a date column (ex: 08/17/21) and a text column (ex: August 17th) with the corresponding date in text for different dates. I’m trying to display a list filtered based on date, where only the elements of with today’s date are displayed. The right filtering to display today’s element is after “start of today” and before “2 days from now”: I don’t understand why using “before Tomorrow” filters out today’s element.

I have screenshots below where i tested different filters (“title” of my list is the text column, and “subtitle” is “reminder date”):

this one works (after start of today, before two days from now):

this one excludes today’s element and selects none (after start of today, before tomorrow):

this one keeps today’s and tomorrow’s elements (after start of today, before three days from now):

Thank you for your help,
Best,
Jane

Using a list instead of a simple list, I’m able use the “equal to” filter instead of “is before” combined with “is after”, but to get today’s element, I need to select ‘equal to Tomorrow’, and not ‘equal to start of today’ (which gives me yesterday’s element, even though when I print “Start of Today” in a text component outside my list, it gives me the right date for today) :slight_smile:

Hi @Jane,

Did you try use “Current time” for to filter for Today?

I guess there was some change for Start of Today, for me (UTC+2) it also shows yesterday…

Best regards, Victor.

1 Like

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your answer.
Using “is equal to Current date” works indeed (“is equal to Tomorrow” works as well)! Cool!

Best,
Jane

Capture d’écran 2021-08-19 à 18.39.47|684x454

1 Like

Hi @Jane,

Great that I could help.
“Is equal to tomorrow” will break in US time zones, as I suspect :slight_smile:

Best,
Victor

Noted!

Thank you Victor!

Best

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.