DB and Form inconsistent

Hi,

I have a db entry for “EVENTS” events belong to a sub category. if I try and populate a new entry in the db I dont see the sub category dropdown until I save and then re-enter the newly created record. This problem also effects forms as I do not get an input for sub category which stops me from being able to create a user created event. can anyone suggest why this is happening?

Hi @hatzo,

Welcome to the forum!

I guess you have a many-to-many relationship between Events and Subcategories (or even one to many)?
From what I see in your screenshot, one Event can have several subcategories. Unfortunately, you can’t have multiple selector in a form. If you need to select several subcategories for an event, you need to use other UX elements (multiselect dropdown, for example).

Best regards, Victor.

Ok thanks, so I would add a new object to the existing list? if so how I have seen a video that talks about cutting the new object, highlighting the list then pasting it. but I have not been able to get this to work.

Mike

Hi @hatzo,

Sorry, I’m not quite getting what you would like to achieve. How is this related to a form and events?

Best regards, Victor.

Sorry Victor I’m new to all this and most likely using wrong syntax. If I have an existing form and want to add a multi selection box how do I do this as I cant find one under forms & fields ?

Mike

Hi @hatzo,

Unfortunately, you can’t do this: multi-select is a separate component and can’t be “inserted” into a form.
You could set up it on a separate screen, for example.

Best regards, Victor.

1 Like