Displaying data from collection

Greetings.

I need to display information based on certain date that are set in a collection. This is before a user is logged in.

For example.

• Display “ABC” if current date is before date in collection.
  • Display “DEF” if current date is after date in collection.

I’m still fairly new with Adalo. Can someone show me how to do this?
Thanks in advance!

I searched for something similar in the forum but only found being able to display magic text for users who are logged in. In my situation, the user has not logged in.

Would this be possible through a component? Is there a component out there that can do this? Is anyone willing to write a component?

Hi Robert @VVWTAdmin,

You’re asking to

• Display “ABC” if current date is before date in collection.
  • Display “DEF” if current date is after date in collection.

You can make an element conditionally visible, and it also can be visible based on datetime. However: you can’t have a “date in collection”, collection has records and a record can have some property set to a certain value (and this property could be a “date” or “datetime” type).

Taking this into the account, could you please provide more details in your example?

Best,
Victor.

Hi @Victor, thank you for responding.

Yes, I’m familiar with the the conditional visibility feature and how collections work.

What I’m trying to avoid is hard-coding data on a screen. Say I want to display a message about an event. I would have a web app set the message and set the display dates (from date and through date). The mobile app can then read that specific record and determine whether to display the message about the event. Displaying the message will depend on the dates.

It would seem that unless I have a user logged in, I cannot retrieve data from a collection that can drive the display. Is there any way I can do this without hard-coding? Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.