Exploring Adalo to develop some Cool Mobile Applications

Hey Everyone, We at NoQode Solutions are interested in Adalo to make some cool Applications.

We have a few questions:

1- Is it possible to create a Marketplace Cart system in Adalo? Like, about a month back one person reached out to me and mentioned they are developing an app(marketplace) using Adalo but they weren’t able to add three same products in a single row with count 3. But, sadly they were seeing three products in three rows vertically. Was he right?

2- Someone ever developed in-app purchases using Adalo?

Let’s talk about it more. Thanks

Hi and welcome to Adalo.

Good questions!

If you are able to write code and are targeting Android and iOS apps, there is nothing you cannot do in Adalo. If you are able to write code, and are targeting Web and PWA there are some limitations to what you can do.

If you cannot write code then there are limitations.

For point 1, using stock Adalo components in an easy way I will say that is correct. It can be done with tricks. If you write code, you can build a summarizing list component. If you dont write code you can integrate with integromat or other backend software to summarize the list for you to show count 3. This makes the app slower but it works. If you wanted to only use adalo you and make a summary table. Each time a user updates an item you can do count + 1 in the summary table. Slower and harder to manage, but it does the job.

For point 2, lots of people do in-app purchases using lots of services. If you write code, anything will work. If you don’t, but know how to use integromat, you can still work with almost any payment API. If you want to do it in adalo only, they support Stripe as a standard with some limitations.

I hope this helps

4 Likes

Re. point 1, that’s a design issue on their end, not an Adalo issue.

For example, your database has orders and order line items. The user creates an order and then you want to add an order item. Most devs add the order item three times and to be clear, sometimes that is the right way to do it. For example, if people are customizing each line item, you don’t want 3 of the exact same customizations (usually).

If you want to show one row with multiple items, then just add an order quantity and have the user adjust the order quantity for the row instead of adding new rows. We’ve done this on several apps (building at least 2 right now that use this).

2 Likes

Just another comment to prove Adalo can handle complex internal handling without custom code or external services.

As far as my research, only 1 Bubble’s template that can do something similar like this, other templates still cannot, but here in Adalo, we can.

Adalo does not provide backend workflow yet, but we can access through front end workflow, thanks to countdown component that provide batch processing.

No worry, Adalo is the right choice. :grinning:

2 Likes

I disagree that this is a design issue, it is a UX feature that you cannot implement. I might be mistaken that this is no possible on my point 1, I don’t work in the low-code building too much, I just enable our no-coders to do great things, but there is not Group By feature on collections.

If I have an app that gives the ability to order Hamburger, Cheeseburger, Chicken Burger customized as the customer likes, I expect the customer to be able to click Hamburger customize and choose quantity 2, then add. Then the customer passes it to a friend to fill out what they want. The choose Hamburger quantity 1, and Chicken burger. As part of my workflow I do not want the friend to need to go into the cart and adjust the order quantities.

When they are ready to proceed, on the next page I show
3x Hamburger @ 5.00 = $15.00
1x Chicken burger @ 7.00 = $7.00
Total $22.00

To implement that flow in Adalo is not something standard.

The summary page would be
2x Hamburger @ 5.00 = $10.00
1x Hamburger @ 5.00 = $5.00
Total $22.00

You can argue that the second option is fine, and that it might be better. But I believe the question was if the first option is possible.

At the end of the day I believe the true nature of the original point 1 is related to grouping and aggregation. There are some aggregations possible on some within Adalo, but not at the level @NoQodeSolutions is asking. You cannot make custom grouping logic in the database query. You need to make extra tables and relationships to get it working which causes performance issues. You can build a grouping component.

1 Like

Point 1: In your point of view, it is not a straightforward thing to develop purely using Adalo. Right?

Point 2: What about the plugin support in Adalo for this purpose?

Thanks, @Erik. Seems like you are pretty confident that’s possible. According to your point of view, we need to play around with workflows and databases in order to make it work.

@TKOTC Btw, this seems interesting that we have an open debate here on some topic. @TKOTC I agree with you, I was expecting something like this.
3x Hamburger @ 5.00 = $15.00
Total $22.00

We have done this in the bubble before very easily. I was curious If Adalo is enough capable as of now so that we can purely develop using Adalo without writing a single line of code. That’s why the no code tools are made for.

@Yongki Yeah, I have big hopes attached with Adalo. Sooner or later, they will make a big noise in the no-code industry.

Capable for sure. :grinning:

1 Like

Bubble has a much more advanced data engine that supports GROUP BY (and complex filters with AND OR logic and powerful aggregates). Adalo is no that mature yet for data manipulation. Adalo will get there. Building you own data engine in Xano is easy to do no code and works, but like I mentioned earlier, it will have some performance impact.

1 Like

I would like to mention as well, for the record, PragmaFlow (our company) has chosen Adalo as our no-code platform of choice over all others. Adalo is the right choice in our opinion, even if today we need to use some extra tricks to get the job done.

2 Likes

In terms of design, please take look at our apps

2 Likes

I think Adalo it’s a great tool to make mobile apps and web systems. And I see a big and great future for us, no-coders in Adalo and Adalo as service.

2 Likes

When the user clicks add to cart, put them to a modal to add the quantity (default of 1), then update the existing line item with the quantity they select.

That’ll give you one line item with the quantity of the user’s choice.

Using conditional visibility, you can go the extra step and prevent the user from adding multiple lines after that (if you don’t they could click it the item again after adding the quantity and add another line item with a new quantity).

I can make video if this is unclear.

2 Likes

@alexbarciog our Mobile app designs are really cool. Are they available on play store or app store in Asia region?

That would be of great help. Please go for it.

Forgot I had already done this… We have a ton of videos and courses already explaining the little things like this in Adalo.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.