Formula to calculate beginning of week, month, year

Is it possible to create and Update action to a Date Property that calculates the beginning of the current week, month or year? Maybe a roundup or something like that? this surpases my formula understading.

1 Like

Great question! Unfortunately, it surpasses my formula understanding too. I hope someone from the community can help you here @Leaders

This might be possible. Could you explain a little more about the context of what you want to accomplish?

So I am trying to find a workaround for Current Week, Current Month or Current Year. I want to display only the activities that happen in those time frames. For now I am doing this manually. Meaning I actually manually change the parameters every week, and will change every month, or every year. I’m trying to automate this process using countdowns, and lists, but it is veeeeery workaround. I have the feeling that there may be a way to calculate current week, month or year using math on the epoch timestamp.

Yes actually there is a very good thread on here about it already. Let me see if I can find it and I will post it up.

Here it is, by brilliant @karimoo:

Perhaps this method could also be adapted for months and weeks as well.

1 Like

Brilliant Indeed! I will try to wrap my head around calculating months and years. Which is a bit trickier since those are not always an exact amount of days as a week is. Thank you for all your support.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.