Getting correct data in List view

I’m working on a project that has:

1->many relationship between ‘Users’ and ‘Intentions’
many->many relationship between ‘Groups’ and ‘Users’
many->many relationship between ‘Groups’ and ‘Intentions’

I’m trying to create a list based on ‘Intentions’ that shows All ‘Intentions’ for the ‘Logged in User’ where the ‘Intention’ is related to at least one of the groups the ‘User’ is related to and where the Logged in User is NOT the owner/user associated with the ‘Intention’.

I can’t seem to find a way to accomplish this. Any thoughts on a way to tackle?

Hi @dominicebbtide ,

If you can give example in spreadsheet would be helpful, and if you can please give wrong examples too.

Sure thing. Does this… work?

What are your steps to achieve User: dlo@test.com to get 1578 ?

More words could be helpful. :smiley:

1. dlo@test is a member of group 7, group 87, and group 17.
  2. Intentions 1577, test 65, Alysa, and 1578 are all active intentions related to these groups and, of these 4 intentions, the only one where dlo@test.com IS NOT the User (Owner/creator) is 1578.

Make sense?

So, what group 7 consist of what intentions ?
what intention 1578 consist of what users ?

If you can give real world use case, may be we can have alternative story.

Let me try saying it a slightly different way.

DB Structure
Table ‘Users’, Table ‘Intentions’, and Table ‘Prayer Groups’

With
1->many relationship between ‘Users’ and ‘Intentions’
many->many relationship between ‘Groups’ and ‘Users’
many->many relationship between ‘Groups’ and ‘Intentions’

I’m trying to create a list of ‘Intentions’ that shows
All ‘Intentions’ for the ‘Logged in User’
where the ‘Intention’ is related to at least one of the groups the ‘User’ is related to
Where the ‘Intention’ is Active
AND where the Logged in User is NOT the owner/user associated with the ‘Intention’.

I’ve tried creating a list using Intentions and tried applying filter logic to accomplish this BUT can’t seem to find a way to get there. The closes I’ve been able to come is to use filters

1. All Intentions
  2. AND Current Intentions Prayer Groups contains …
  3. AND Current Intentions User’s Email IS NOT the Logged in Users Email
  4. AND Current Intention is Active

#2 is where I get stuck. What I want to put there is Logged In Users Prayer Groups Concat BUT that doesn’t seem to be an option.

I found a way to partially solve it. IF i add a select field above the list I can pass that value into the list gen to gather Intentions for a single group.

However, I tried getting the multi-select field from the marketplace and adding that in place of the single select. When I do so, the values selected in the multi-select field are not passed to the list filter. Anyone face this or know of a way to solve?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.