Hi there, I’m creating a workout app where users can create their own workouts from a set of ‘Moves’ from different areas (e.g. legs, backs, arms) and save them. In my database, I have:
- The move/areas relationship a many-to-one - so that each Move is available to one area to one Area (e.g. sit-ups to abs)
- The areas/custom workouts relationship a many-to-many - so that different custom workouts created by various users can have many areas targetted
- The custom workout/user relationship a many to one - so that each user can save multiple custom workouts but each custom workout only belongs to one user
A couple of questions:
- Is this the correct logic?
- When I try to allow users to create a new custom workout I cannot select the logged-in user (please see image)?
- How best should I display this on the app
- The next stage would be to add a filter at the beginning asking people how long they have to work out, then select the area they want to exercise before allowing them to select a certain number of moves according to the time each move takes and how long they said they could work out for. How do you think it best to do this?