How to allow users to review other users with stars and comments?

Hi, everyone! I’m trying to create a feature where users can review other users by creating a review (an item in the Review collection) that has a star amount and a comment. However, I’m kinda stuck on how to structure the database relationships. I want reviews written about a certain user to show up on their profile page.

I have a Users collection and a Review collection, but should I make the relationship be that a Review can have multiple users and a User can have multiple reviews? How should I go about creating this review other users system?

Hi @matthewlee,

Welcome to the community :partying_face:

You need a One to Many relationship in the Ratings collection to store the user that reviewed for.

Check here : Star Rating components doesn't work with database - #8 by dilon_perera ( it’s like same but it’s for rate festivals)

Made a video : Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom ( actually have another two videos as part 2 and 3 :rofl: : Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom , Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom )

To show reviews of the logged in user in the profile screen you can add the filter as Logged in user > reviews instead of current user!

Also this thread should help here too! : Star rating component help

Hope this helps!

Thank you

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.