How to Connect Facebook API to Adalo

Hi all,

could someone please give me some advice on connecting Facebook API analytics and login info such as “getting facebook likes”, “logging in through facebook” etc onto my Adalo app through Facebook Developer API?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Interested in too!, I guess it’s possible, but we have to be api gurus!

1 Like

We don’t yet have the ability to log in via facebook, but 3rd party authentication is our most requested feature, so we plan on adding this very soon

2 Likes

Super, thanks @Ben and the Adalo team!

Instead of login in into the app with Facebook, I’m wondering if using external collection a’d custom actions we can get credential from Facebook, to be able to using Graph API and post on Facebook pages… Not sure!

1 Like

In fact, my need is not to log in using Facebook, I even prefer using Adalo’s login facility, which is nicely done. My need would just be to get credentials from my Facebook page, to be able to post from the app.

I have to put my hands into Graph API!

1 Like

Glad to see other’s are also seeing the potential in connecting Adalo with Facebook pages. I too would like to connect Facebook pages with Adalo, for two things:

• pulling statistics such as number of inbox messages received today, post likes, page likes, etc. that is stored somewhere in Facebook’s API data
  • being able to publish contents directly to a Facebook page from Adalo

It would be great if Adalo experts could chime in on how this could be done, whether it’s through connecting Facebook’s API as an ‘external’ database, or through custom actions. I wish I had better knowledge on how to get this working :frowning:

2 Likes

The functionality is still in development for this :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Access to Facebook Graph API or Instagram Graph API would be powerful!!! I would love this…( lets hope security hurdles and the dreaded app review will allow it)

1 Like

On behalf of a User, or for an account you own ?

1 Like

Hello @NigelG !! I’d be elated if it could be done to retrieve a current posts’ performance metrics (eg. likes, reach/or engagement etc. ) on behalf of a User that has given us permission to view such data. For instance, if the user logs-in to their adalo-built app using a Facebook login (if adalo manages to integrate OAuth). Could there be a way for them to create a very basic/minimalistic post on their adalo-built app and post it to FB from their adalo-built app(connect the two via API?), then have those performance metrics sent back to the adalo-built app instead of needing to login to FB again… I’d be keen for any info regarding other SNS(or Facebook owned platforms) like Instagram Graph API and doing a similar thing with post metrics, from a Users account( more specifically a professional/ business account).

sounds like an impossible Apollo mission and far-fetched dream( and may very well be totally impossible for now), but it’s something I’m keen to try/ test/push the envelope in regards to using Adalo to its fullest potential at the earliest chance that something like this becomes do-able :slight_smile:

There’s a workaround - maybe FB Graph API can be connected to Airtable. Airtable can already publish posts to Facebook via its new automation feature, and the new scripting blocks inside Airtable allows custom scripts, which can theoretically pull data from FB back to Airtable (similar to numerous third-party apps that connect Google Sheets to FB via scripts).

If we can do that, then we can just link Adalo to Airtable and pull the data from there. We just need someone to build that script

1 Like

@AddyEdwin, I can’t thank you enough for your fantastic advice :star_struck: . I’m going to study into Airtable scripts as hard and fast as I can. I’m really keen to give this a go, as I need this functionality for something I’m building… your advice is worth more than you know :heart: :clap:

1 Like

Happy to help mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

if you’re keen on some GraphQL support to gain access to precise insights and pull them into your adalo apps from certain platforms( FB, Github, Instagram etc), then upvote our cause here:

(understanding how to wrap a RESTful API with GraphQL is one for the pros, not for people like myself )