How to create a relationships between external user collections and data collected and sent to an external collection which needs to also capture/identify which user submitted the data?

I am building an social media app using Adalo and Xano (for backend, user authentication). I am specifically struggling with creating a relationship between a user that is in my external user collection and that user submitting a form (a social media post consisting of images and words). The problem is once the form data is sent to Xano using a POST custom action on Adalo, it is not identifying for posting which user posted the social media post. Anyone with any ideas on how this can be accomplished?

Thank you and look forward to your response! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m exactly the same with Adalo-Xano. The problem is that the user data does not appear in Adalo. What I’m trying to do is create a collection via api of the Xano users table. I don’t know if it’s correct… Relationships with other tables within Xano I don’t know if they will appear yet, but user data at least will. It would be great if an expert could answer this question. I already raised some of these questions but they could not be resolved…

You can use add ons on xano to make it return the data of a related collection. If the output returns the add on data, that will be available in Adalo.

2 Likes

If your endpoint has user authentication, you can always identify the user using auth ID. So when you are on xano you can populate the user ID.

On xano you have different tabs you select from like ‘inputs’ or ‘variables’. There is one called ‘auth’ and under that is auth ID. That’s the user ID of the authenticated user.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your answer!! The problem I have is that when I try to continue in Adalo with the initial process of collecting user data, for some reason it is not recognized. In the 4th step it is empty. That is why it does not recognize the origin of the data. I can’t find the error…

1 Like

Are you using the free version XANO? THX