How to have multiple users in multiple groups, only see info specific to that group

Hi, I’m trying to set up an app like this:

Group A - has multiple users that can log in and submit images. All images should go to the same collection so all users in Group A can see the images.

Group B - has multiple users that can log in and submit images. All images should go to the same collection so all users in Group B can see the images.

Group A and Group B should never see each others images.

What would be the most efficient way to do this? Can I add a “tag” or a property value to each user, so they can only see Group A or Group B data accordingly based on the “tag”?

Thanks!

Hi @wharper ,

Relate your users to group, and relate your images to group and user, so when other users with different group use list, they can’t see other images, because the list will filter something like this current logged in user > group > images

1 Like

@Yongki ah ha! Thank you! I got that to work.

One note, I was using a simple list at first, to try the concept with text instead of images, and it seems like that extra layer of filtering caused a lot of UI issues in the simple list. After doing the same thing in a custom list, I was able to get everything to work as expected. Thanks Again!

1 Like