How to include link text and non-link text within a text component?

I have a text component and want to link up some text with it to open in Safari. For example, here’s some text:

Here is some text. I want to link this up to Adalo. Is that possible?

I want it to look like this in my app:

Here is some text. I want to link this up to Adalo Is that possible?

Seem like a mainline scenario but not sure it’s doable… is it?

1 Like

Go the the text, go to click actions select link and scroll down to website.

1 Like

Thanks @DylanS I don’t think my question was clear. I’m looking to have link text and non-link text in the same paragraph, like this:

Is that possible?

As far as I know, there’s no way to highlight and link specific text within a component in Adalo.

You could get creative with your wording/width and break it into separate components.

Based on your example:

Component 1: In the discussions I’ve had with hundreds of software product leaders,
(Change the color of this text and style it so that the line ends at the correct place.) Then, for the next line, add
Component 2: I consistently hear…

Thanks @tangerinedee. That’s disappointing. Seems like a mainline scenario.

@kmm I agree, there a few things about Adalo that are disappointing and I’ve spent a lot of time figuring out workarounds.

On the other hand, Adalo has a lot of great features, so I’m trying to work with the restrictions until either 1) they improve the platform or 2) I find a better solution.

@tangerinedee 100% agreed. Most straightforward tool I’ve used. The team’s lack of communication doesn’t inspire confidence that the product will get better though. In my experience (building and selling 2 B2B SaaS apps) at the early stage customer success is incredibly valuable. The team should want people going out to the world singing Adalo’s praises to build a mini brand in the nocode mobile app building space. But when I read reviews on Reddit or compare my experience w/ others on this forum there seems to be very little investment in actually dragging customers to success.

The other important this is using customer feedback. And it seems mostly ignored tbh. Bugs (publishing an iOS app, the unusable text editing component) and feature requests don’t seem heard.

I truly wish the team was responsive - there are always problems but the key is how they’re addressed. But when there’s no response it makes me wonder why I should invest in the platform.

Hi @kmm ,

It seems like you have many experience with other IT tools or even created ones on your own.

Spotting micro features or functionality is certainly easy and natural, you just need confirmation on why it is not helping you.

Every startup are driven by indicators that they have to maintain, survival is the most important thing, like any other scenarios in our life.

Competition is good to align to a better vision, or simply driving to better efforts, but sustainable actions inside the team will eventually come out and define the success or not.

Currently crown of no code for native apps is held by Adalo, as you are drawn to this because of that sentiment, so it means we need to accept what Adalo can offer and work with it.

While this reply may not enhance the functionality nor solve your problems or may be considered not related at all, you may get a little bit understanding about indicators that early startup have to work on and crown thing.

I am sure that investors of Adalo have their eyes on this kind of thing, but they still have faith in this company.

Back to the issue, if on the left panel we don’t find some settings on how to make it linkable in the same component and we never see any examples of it, it may answer itself that partially linkable text is not here yet. :grinning:

Hi @kmm @tangerinedee

There is no direct way to do it in Adalo text labels, but you can use a NocoderHQ HTML Renderer component from the marketplace.

Please see the screenshot attached:

As I understand CSS styles will not work here, there is a list of HTML tags excluded.

Best,
Victor

6 Likes

Thanks @Victor! I had no idea that component existed.

1 Like

Awesome @Victor thanks. The Markdown component might work as well.

1 Like

Hi @Victor ,

Nice finding.

This is nice. :grinning:

And that, my friend, is why I ask the question even when

if on the left panel we don’t find some settings on how to make it linkable in the same component and we never see any examples of it, it may answer itself that partially linkable text is not here yet. :grinning:

:wink:

Hi @kmm ,

Good to know, bro.

Hope you still keep doing this, more nice things will come. :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.