How to mute a specific user

I am looking for a way to mute certain users and not receive notifications.

I am building a chat application.
I am looking for a way to mute a user and not receive notifications for users I have friended.

Currently, when I open the app, my friends are notified. I would like to make it so that people who have muted me do not receive notifications at this time.

How can I set it up so that notifications are sent only to my friends who are not muted?

Every users has a list of muted users. (On to many, but most likely Many to Many relationship will work better) On the sent button you have your notification trigger. Only trigger this notification if the user you sent a message to is not on the logged in user his muted users list.

Something like that?

1 Like

(Explanation of notifications)
Notifications will be sent when you open the app, not when you send a chat.
Your friends will be notified that you have opened the app.

(What we want to achieve)
There is a list of friends of the logged-in user, and some of the friends are muted. I want to make sure that I don’t receive notifications from muted users.

(Current notification settings)
Recipients: Logged In User > Friends >All

(What I have tried)
I created a “Mute” list with a many-to-many relationship to the User database and tried to filter the current notification settings.
However
Custom Filter: Current User > Mute > All
Contains or Does not contain
and I couldn’t get it to work.

Is there a better way?

Can anyone tell me what it is?

I think it isn’t possible.
Basically you have to sent a notification to everyone that on his/here muted list does not contain the logged in user.
So does not contain logged in user.

You could maybe try to turn this around by having a muted by column, now you have to sent a message to every friend that isn’t in the muted by column, but I think also this isn’t possible.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.