Hey there, I’m working on an app for a school to help staff communicate more efficiently with parents. One way to do this is by allowing staff members to send an announcement targeted to subsets of parents (e.g. all of the parents in the grades 4 and 5 should receive this message). My challenges is that I’m not sure how to structure everything to make it work.
These are my thoughts on the UX:
- Staff member clicks to add Announcement. Instead of using the default audience (“Everyone”), they choose “Select Audience”.
- Select Audience allows them to select one or many Grades; click into a Grade to select one or many Classes, if needed; and click into a Class to select one or many Students, if needed.
- Once posted, the Announcements will appear on the homepage of the Users (e.g. parents) who are associated with the given selection (e.g. grades 4 and 5; or, class A and class B within the 5th grade).
Here’s how I’ve been trying to build it (without success):
- Create a collection called “Announcements”.
- Add a multi relationship to Users called “Audience”.
- Based each selections (of Grades, Classes, and Students), Users will be added or removed from the Current Announcement > Audience.
- Once published, the Announcements will be retrieved for each User (Announcements > Logged in User).
Thoughts? Advice?? I’m stumped on how to proceed / simplify.