I’ve just discovered the in-app purchase component in the marketplace. This is huge! Congrats and thank you to all of the Adalo team for putting that out!
It arrives at a perfect timing for me as I’m still planning on releasing one of my project, a quiz app. I’ll try several models but I’m curious to try the subscription one: free, 1 month and 1 year.
This post will be my public try of the component, I’ll write as I implement and try. I might need help. Feel free to get inspired and maybe help, the thread might go to the Resources section
First, I need to think of the feature I want to make paid. In my case I’ll limit the number of questions answered at 30 per months. So there would be three types of subscriptions :
- the automatic and free one “Free plan”
- the one month subscription “Subscribed one month”
- the one year subscription “Subscribed one year”
So in practice :
- I’ll add an action so that each time the user answers a question, the “TotalAnsweredQuestions” variable, set in the “Users” collection adds +1. But this will count only sometimes, when the logged in user variable “Subscription” is equal to “Not-subscribed”
- When the logged in user reaches 30 questions, I’ll drive him to the subscription screen when he attempts to play again
I first wonder if I need to have two component as I have 2 subscriptions (1 month and 1 year). Here is the subscription screen with two IAP components for 2 subscriptions model.
I need to add actions to update the status of the user when purchase is successful :
- Update logged in user variable “Subscription” to “Subscribed one month”
- Update logged in user variable “Subscription” to “Subscribed one year”
Restrict access to non-subscribers and Grant access to subscribers
On my Home screen, when users select a topic to play, I’ll add three actions :
- link to QuizScreen only sometimes, when “TotalAnsweredQuestions” is below 30 ; and
- link to QuizScreen only sometimes, when the variables “Subscription” contains “Subscribed”
- link to Subscription screen, always
Reset the free counter
I want the non-subscribed user’s quota of free quizzes to be reset to 0 every months.
Renew the subscription
When the one month or one year subscription ends, I want to user to be back to “Free plan”.
I am wondering if this can be set up in the IAP component actions as “Actions when purchase was cancelled by the user” ?