Is it possible to display saved routes using the maps component?

Hello everyone!

I am building an app for local tourism and I would like to display a map with a suggested route for each hike. What’s the best way to set up my markers collection? I’m having some issues with the name of the places since some names also exist in other countries. Here are my questions:

1. Is it possible to display a suggested route on a map?
  2. If it’s not possible to display the suggested route, is it possible to display 2 points - A & B- as markers of the hike. The markers would be fields with coordinates for the hike record (I think)

Thanks!

1 Like
  1. No. You would have to use a custom component to do that.

2. Yes, a multi marker map with two markers should work.

The issue you may well have, and I have seen with hiking apps in nocode before is that the geocode wants to quantise to a “place”. So your coordinates can jump to the nearest ‘town’.

1 Like

Interesting option. Especially for frequent travelers like me. I always look for the best way to my hotel, and can’t even remember it by the end.

And building an app for local tourism sounds like a rad project! When it comes to displaying routes on a map, you’ve got a few options. If you’re using a maps component, you can definitely plot out suggested routes or set up markers for specific points like A & B.

As for naming places, I feel you are struggling. It can get tricky, especially with similar names in different countries. One workaround could be adding some extra details or using unique identifiers to differentiate them.

Oh, and while you’re at it, don’t forget to check out some hiking outfits women. Having the right gear can really enhance the outdoor experience. Trust me, it’s worth it!"