Is there any tutorial on creating linked records in Airtable?

Hi, I’ve been trying to figure out how to create a new record in an Airtable base, in which one of the fields is a linked record from another table in the same base. I’ve been scouring through this thread: Airtable linked records can be sent throught the api? - Help - Adalo but I don’t understand how to do it myself, especially considering there’s a lot of trial and errors in that thread too.

For reference on how newbie I am, I was able to link Airtable to Adalo only by going through the step-by-step in their documentation, and even then I have to refer to it because I forget what I did. I get lost when it comes to writing the JSON, which authorization to use, etc :frowning:

So going back to the other thread, I saw many replies and I wanted to know if there’s any step-by-step documentation out there which I can read through and figure out how to add a record myself from Adalo.

If someone can help me figure out the steps, I’ll document them here with screenshots so that anyone else can refer to it in the future.

1 Like

Hi Addy,
Did you get answers from your post ? I am currently in the same situation :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

The answer I received from support is that you can’t create linked records in Adalo yet.

So what I did is, when creating new records using Adalo > Airtable, I set Adalo to fill out a “single text field” in Airtable. Then I use Airtable’s automation feature (available in the paid plans) to copy/paste the value in this single line text field, and paste it in the linked field. This workaround does the trick for now.

1 Like

Thanks Addy! I’ll try it out.
@Adalo, do you happen to know when you will have this linked records feature ready ?

Hi,

I used linked records update in my apps & here’s an example:

Thanks bhanu for your message.
However I have difficulties understanding how I can use that to solve my problem.
Maybe some screens will be clearer for your to help me :pray:

Here is my DataBase Structure (Airtable):

First, I want to list all the games available:

My issue, is that I don’t have access to the table “center” here, hence:

Then, when a user clicks on a game I want to see infos about the game & infos about the related booking (participants registered to the game):

But I don’t have access to the “booking” table.

But instead I get all the players of the database.

Do you think you could help me to solve my problem ??
Best.

1 Like

Same here, I couldn’t work out how to make linked records work, there’s no straightforward guide for non-techies like me.

2 Likes