So I’m still brand new to all this so please bare with me. I’m trying to set up an API request that brings in a list of current inventory items at specific Home Depot stores. I set up a button labeled ‘Shop This Store’, and I want to attach the necessary action to this button so that once they click it, it brings up the list of items currently in stock for the selected store. That screen looks like this:
So I go to set up a custom action, and these are the following steps I’m taking:
- I go to create a new custom action for that button
- I name it InventoryItems and for Type I’m selecting ‘Create’ (I’m assuming that’s correct?)
- I’m using BigBoxAPI, and I paste the URL it provides as the API Base URL: https://api.bigboxapi.com/request?api_key=6C2E5BAD63C04D5BA914FBF3FADCEE8E&search_term=lawn+mower&type=search
- For Method I’m choosing GET (again, assuming that’s correct).
- This is where things get tricky for me. I create a Header, and I’m typing Authorization as the Name, and pasting the API Key as the Value.
I leave everything else alone and run a test. It comes back successful and it brings back a TON of info which seems great. But I feel like I need to be using the Input fields and maybe defining something in the Body? So I tried entering Item Name and Item Price under the Input section just to test it out. Here’s what the screen looks like:
Once I created the action, I clicked it and it displays the two new input fields I created. I go to the magic text to associate the Item Name and Item Price to the Item Name and Item Price I created in my Database Collections under Inventory Items, but I don’t see the option to add them. I only see the option to add something from my Users and Home Improvement Stores Collections. I did add a relationship between Inventory Items and Home Improvement Stores, so I thought that was weird.
Sorry for the drawn out explanation, but I’m really hoping someone can read through this and have enough info to walk me through what I’m doing wrong.