Latest Performance Updates

Thanks for the heads up. We’ll get this resolved asap.

2 Likes

Awesome! Sounds great on paper. I will check the performance on the weekend. Thank you.

I created a feature request to change the loading spinner colors for the new “loading states with spinners” feature.

If it’s possible to default the spinner colors to the primary or secondary brand colors, that’d be cool. It’d be even cooler if we had the option to select the loading spinner colors in either the “branding” or “app settings” tabs.

The current blue/grey loading spinner really clashes with the branding on several apps.

Y’all can upvote it here:

I’m excited to play around in Adalo after this update :star_struck:

3 Likes

The load scroll option was not available for all lists. Previously, you could not get it on Custom Made Lists so this is a big step in the right direction, I made my first build and can already see the difference. Its huge!

2 Likes

I have a lot of custom actions with links and conditional links so looks like I’ll hold off pushing a new update for now. Can you please post to change log once these issues are resolved? Thanks!

@adalojosh :: My ticket is already addressed by support team, and only this problem part is rolled back while other new features are still active. That is huge news for me.

I have already cross tested, and it is working great now!!!

Good and fast recovery by ADALO.

1 Like

+1
Would be cool also to change the spinner animation, but maybe I’m asking too much

Chrome wheels? beach balls? …what are you thinking?.. I’ve been singing, “riding spinners” since the update… lol

cartoon-snail-loading-loading-gif-animation_2734139.png!bw340

1 Like

it would be interesting to know if the performance improvement only affects the Adalo database or if it is also effective with external databases such as Airtable or Xano

4 Likes

Hi all,

First of all, awesome progress and absolutely the right focus. Gives hope to see this update :slight_smile:

I’ve been testing the new performance and am noticing the following:

• Speed seems improved and feels much better for list loads. Not seeing the 3x-4x speed increases as shown. But still good.
  • Screen transitions (links) are hit or miss. iPhone screen transitions are way faster. ‘Back-links’ are still as slow, or maybe even slower though… Especially when you’re 2-3 levels down (eg list → detail view → user profile)
  • Following links on Android is unusably slow and seems to have gotten worse than before. Sometimes takes 4-6 seconds even for button presses/actions to register and then another few seconds to transition to the next screen.

I’ll be filing detailed reports, but wanted to share and am curious if someone else is having the same issues on android apps.

Cheers,

Steven

4 Likes

Adalo don’t work in Android.
:joy:

1 Like

Thank you so much for improving the speed of the apps and the list loads. I just did a quick test on both the desktop and on my android phone. The difference is noticeable. Many thanks. Mary

1 Like

@adalojosh I’m not sure if related, but I just published an updated version of my app where I have a custom action to send emails via Sendgrid. It uses a list with a countdown timer and custom action to call API for each list item.

Since the update I’m getting multiple emails per user - it sent three emails to each user from Android and two from iOS. It worked fine before and I haven’t touched the email sending actions since previous update.

Thoughts? Thanks.

1 Like

Can you file a ticket for this? We have reverted the instant nav feature until we fix duplication actions firing but if you’re still experiencing that then it must not be related to the performance work and I need to dig deeper.

Can you try running a different action with that same timer setup? Does it also fire twice or only your custom action?

Will do (tomorrow)

I can if you really want me to - but I’d have to publish a new TestFlight build to test it, then publish another one to revert

1 Like

So I was going to enter a ticket but tested one more time and now it seems to be working fine. Just sent email once to each user now. Android and iOS. Very strange, again, I haven’t changed anything. If it does it again, I’ll raise a tix. Thanks

1 Like

This “performance update” feels like a sick joke. I was SO PUMPED. But our app is running slower than ever.

We’re running PWA - do we need to push to an actual native build to see some kind of improvement?

I mean it really does feel like a cruel joke… Especially after I had announced to our company that things were about to get better then things just got worse. Embarrassing to say the least. Yet another rug pull. I get that this is hard and theoretically Adalo is working hard to make things better, but the bait n switch is really unnecessary… It would be great if they could be honest about their progress and troubles.

1 Like