Letting User Export or Download Data

Hi there.

I’m trying to give the users of my app to export or download a list as an Excel or CSV file. I’ve tried this method, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP6_TL5qDp0&t by @Victor , which works if the app is a PWA.

But does any know if there’s a way to do this as a native iOS or Android app? Would be open to emailing the list as an attachment or a G Drive / Dropbox link.

1 Like

Hi @greco1899,

It doesn’t matter whether the app is PWA or native when the data from a collection is downloaded using Integromat (now Make).

The approach I show on this video is non-standard (call Integromat webhook with a webview); usually you do that using custom actions. And as a final scenario step you can add Email or Google Drive module to send/store the CSV file.

Best regards, Victor.

1 Like

Hi @Victor . Thanks for sharing, I was able to set up the next steps of uploading the file to G Drive, creating a sharing link, and sending it via email through SendGrid.

However, I’m stuck on mapping the user’s email as the recipient. Do you have any experience in programmatically doing that? E.g. The file sharing link should be sent to the email of the user that exported the data. Right now, I can only hardcode my own email as a test.

Hi @greco1899,

I am not sure what issues do you have with this. You can add Users collection to Make’s Adalo connections, and then get either use List Records + Filter or Get Record to get a user.
Also, if you have some user, who presses the button in the app and then receives CSV on their email, you can pass this user’s email in a custom action; and then on Make side you can get this value from the webhook.

Best,
Victor.

1 Like

Hi Victor.

Really appreciate your suggestions. I tried to do that but got stuck on at trying to pass both the User requested data and their email in the same scenario in Make. See this screenshot:

The top path exports the data and sends it as a sharable link via email but I’m hard coding the User’s email, see screenshot:

Understand this might be more suited for a question at Make, but do you have any suggestions on how to map the email from the second path (“Adalo [24]”) into the email module (“SendGrid [11]” )?

Hi @greco1899,

I don’t quite understand why won’t you simply pass the recipient email to a custom action? You can send it from your Adalo app and then use this parameter in Make. You just need to create proper JSON in your custom action and redetermine data structure in a webhook.

Passing info from one scenario branch in Make is possible but it is a bit complicated - you need to use “Set Variable” - “Get Variable” pair and also you need to be sure that your router executes the branches in a correct order.

Best regards, Victor.

Hi @Victor.

Thanks for the tip. I’ve found out how to add the user’s email via the Web View URL to Make Webhook using this tutorial.

I realised that the Magic Text in Adalo does not play well with emails containing “+”.
E.g. I’ve created multiple emails for testing using the “+”, russell+test@gmail.com. But when input via Magic Text and sent to Make’s Webhook, it returns russell test@gmail.com, which is an invalid email address.

Have you encountered this before?

chrome_2023-03-18_16-26-33

I tried adding "" before the Magic text, wrapping the Magic Text with " ", and it doesn’t help to pass the email correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.