Logged in user - Add new place

Hi, new to Adalo but loving it!

Am building an app where logged in user’s can add a ‘new place’.

I have created an ‘Add New Place’ screen, which has an image, label, and text components. In my database I have created a ‘new place’ table and a ‘places table’, both contain several properties, (see image.)

I am struggling to see how to use magic text to dynamically add a new place title and description. In addition I am using a ‘create new place’ action for the button to add the new place but not sure what to do with the magic text?

Any help gratefully received.

:slight_smile:

In that page you will need Input’s or a form, from that form or input’s you will be able to take your magic text

Thanks for that Alfonso :slight_smile:

I just need to work out how to display the new place on a place detail screen.

Hi Roger,

Welcome to the community :partying_face:

I’m Sorry for Interfering!

You don’t need another collection as New Place.

Maybe this video will help you!

You can use a Form or a Custom Form.

All the best with your app!

Thank you

Hi Dilon,

Fab video! I will need to watch it many times because it goes so fast!!!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Dilon,

The video goes so fast I just cannot follow what you are doing :frowning:

Hi Roger,

I’m sorry for that! Hope this video will more clear.

Thank you

Fantastic, thanks Dilon.

I am having a problem linking the magic text inside the create action to the image. I am missing something but not sure what? I have shared my tables and the image action screen.

Thank you for all your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Roger,

You need to add the Image Picker component. You have added the Image slider component.

Hi Dilon,

I realised that just after I posted the question. It is working quite well now :slight_smile: thanks for all your help

Roger

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.