Logged in user list not visible

I have a list of “requests”.

If I select ALL REQUESTS, then the list is visible, and works fine.

If I choose LOGGED IN USER REQUESTS, the list is NOT visible.

Seems so simple. Haven’t had this issue in the past.

(FYI - Though I don’t think it should matter: I do have 2 instances of this request list. One is for ALL, One is for LOGGED in USER. )

Any ideas on how to correct this? @dilon_perera @Victor

thanks.

@C3PO, in the dB requests collection, does the relationship property with the users collection is empty? If it is empty list would be empty too. So your user record should be in that relationship.

1 Like

@C3PO As @dilon_perera says, if you could upload a pic of the DataBase and the relationship between the “User” and the “Requests” we might see what the problem is.

1 Like

Thank you both @dilon_perera and @TomerKa for the quick reply… My brain is fried - late in California. I will take a look and share screen shots in the morning… I know that I did rebuild the app because I had so many images to deal with; so, I was trying to lessen the load. … might be something going on there. Anyway, thanks again. I’ll be back at it tomorrow. Have a good day!

@dilon_perera and @TomerKa

I just woke up. I think I know what the issue is. It has to do with me using multiple forms to create one collection of requests. I know this isn’t what you asked for. But, it helped me simplify things. And perhaps you can confirm if this is it or not, more quickly. — Be interested in hearing your input.

But, I think I just made things too complicated when I was trying to solve the problem of having too many products + 9 conditionals on the same screen. lol (The UI looked clean, though!)

I think I am just going to rebuild it, and put all the products in one collection. and I’ll put the conditionals ( product filters) on a separate modal screen. Thanks again for your replies!!

Each yellow square is a collection. The blue squares are forms to create the request.

A request = 1 product + form

I think my relationships were correct.
The request containing various instances of the forms were not.

@C3PO I’m now sure what exactly you are using this for but you could make everything from one form;

1. Open a new Category in the database that would contain “Sort by color” and you will insert the colors.
  2. Make a “Relationship” between the new database and the products that says “One - Product has Multiple - “Sort by color””

This would able you to make one “Form” for all the different colors, the only trick is that you would have to insert all the colors by hand.

Hope whit will help you my Friend.

That was pretty much what I was thinking. Thank you so much for confirming this idea.

Yes, there is always a trick, or a “catch” as we say. For that reason, I am going to rebuild it in a more traditional way - Throw all the products in one collection and use conditions… hopefully the performance is good. :crossed_fingers:

Thanks again!

1 Like

@C3PO could you explain a bit more? Why three collections for products?

Long story. – a couple reasons… My previous version was slow, and I didn’t want to use a drop down for a filter. It doesn’t matter any longer.

I’ve thrown it in the trash. Rebuilding now. As mentioned: I’m stuck on something that should be easy. A list of requests, in 2 instances; one is visible by logged in user, the other shows all requests. The one visible by logged in user only isn’t even showing up. haha I want to try to figure it out… it seems so dumb. Thanks for following up!! Greatly appreciated.

If you like you can send me a DM and I can take a look at your app and let you know the solution!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.