Magic Text - Logged in user only

Hi all,

Any reason why my entire project is only able to perform magic text on the logged in user? This was not always like this, but maybe a component is locking it?

I have many collections with text and every time I add new text or edit existing I can only find Logged In User in magic text. All other collection only show the count as an option.

Help is greatly appreciated.
-M

Hi @hkrlogi,

In order to access record info in other collection, you need to have an access to a current record. You need to use Lists in order to make it work. Please see this help section Lists | Adalo Resources - it could answer most of your questions.

Best,
Victor.

This is good information for when I have issues with magic text in general. But it is strange how all my magic text only works off logged in users now. For instance if I have a collection of companies that I want to build a profile page for i cannot add text component then select the company name using magic. I have 15 collections and more of them are able to be searched on for magic text…only logged in users collection.

This seems to have happened after making list / custom lists somewhere in the project. I guess I can make a project copy as backup and see what happens when I start removing stuff.

-M

@hkrlogi you can check the available linked data for the screen (left pane → Available data). There you can see which records are available on a screen (and which are not because of incorrect links).
You can also use magic text to display collection record’s properties inside the list.

Best,
Victor.

1 Like

Thank you victor I will give this a try today. That tip will help me on my Aldo journey.

1 Like

I was able to see the data linked to this page feature and determinded that something was wrong. Once I removed the link, then my magic text appeared again.

Thanks Victor!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.