Need help on implementing minimum length of text Input to avoid getting empty string

I have an input field for ‘Comment’ with max length set to 140 chars, I have placed a logic to check that if the input field is empty, however, if the user enters just space in the comment input field and submit - an empty string will be saved in the database.

Right now I am trying to prevent this by adding the default value of the input field but it could bypass if the user deletes the default text and then submit it with a space in the field!

Is there any workaround to implement minimum length functionality after trimming the input field? Maybe there should have been a formula for text manipulation like trim() and strlen() functionality.

Appreciate any help.

Please see this feature request: All varieties of string functions in Magic text. Functions like Substring, convert Uppercase, trim text and etc | Voters | Adalo

1 Like

OK, Thanks for the response, I just voted for this feather as well. String handling features are a must for any serious app development. Shouldn’t be difficult for the Adalo team to implement this. Hope to have it soon.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.