Hi! Okay, so I’m building a double-sided app, where:
- Teachers track attendance on one side
- Students can:
- cancel their attendance for a specific date they won’t be attending the class
- reschedule and choose another class to attend to if they canceled and want to take that class they missed at another time
- try once a new class they aren’t signed to
For context, this is for a dance studio, so people usually sign up for a full schoolyear, and then each week can cancel if they can’t go. So the roster of students for each class/date/time (e.g.: Zumba every Tuesday from 10 to 11am) would essentially be the same every week with the exception of:
- a student cancelling for that week
- a student that isn’t signed up for that class/date/time that wants to attend that class if there’s any empty spots.
I imagine the “fixed” roster could be linked to the class/date/time with a many to many relationship between Students. But I’m super lost about:
- how to not display the cancellations for the specific date that’s being tracked (so, get them off that day’s list so that the spot can be occupied by someone else)
- how to register the attendance confirmation ticked by the teacher.
- how to allow external students to sign up for a specific date (both as trials and as reschedules)
Thanks in advance,