New Android build fails

Hi all,

I am having a small issue in the publish process.

I did 3 days ago the first Android build of my app. It worked like a charm and I was able to launch internal tests on the Google Play Console.

Now, I just added an additional screen on my app with some text and emojis, nothing too complicated, and relaunched a new build. The new android build keeps on failing.

I read the error logs but as I no expert, this is like trying to read the Matrix.

The bottom of the error logs file shows the following:

stderr | BUILD FAILED in 9s
stdout | 5 actionable tasks: 1 executed, 4 up-to-date
stdout | 
stdout | info 💡 Tip: Make sure that you have set up your development environment correctly, by running npx react-native doctor. To read more about doctor command visit: https://github.com/react-native-community/cli/blob/main/packages/cli-doctor/README.md#doctor 
stdout | 
stderr | error Failed to build the app.
stdout | Error: Command failed with exit code 1: ./gradlew app:bundleRelease
stdout |     at makeError (/tmp/build-c2KKiC/AdaloApp/node_modules/execa/lib/error.js:60:11)
stdout |     at module.exports.sync (/tmp/build-c2KKiC/AdaloApp/node_modules/execa/index.js:194:17)
stdout |     at build (/tmp/build-c2KKiC/AdaloApp/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli-platform-android/build/commands/buildAndroid/index.js:68:22)
stdout |     at Object.buildAndroid [as func] (/tmp/build-c2KKiC/AdaloApp/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli-platform-android/build/commands/buildAndroid/index.js:60:10)
stdout |     at Command.handleAction (/tmp/build-c2KKiC/AdaloApp/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli/build/index.js:118:23)
stdout |     at Command.listener [as _actionHandler] (/tmp/build-c2KKiC/AdaloApp/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli/node_modules/commander/lib/command.js:482:17)
stdout |     at /tmp/build-c2KKiC/AdaloApp/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli/node_modules/commander/lib/command.js:1283:65
stdout |     at Command._chainOrCall (/tmp/build-c2KKiC/AdaloApp/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli/node_modules/commander/lib/command.js:1177:12)
stdout |     at Command._parseCommand (/tmp/build-c2KKiC/AdaloApp/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli/node_modules/commander/lib/command.js:1283:27)
stdout |     at /tmp/build-c2KKiC/AdaloApp/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli/node_modules/commander/lib/command.js:1081:27
stdout | info Run CLI with --verbose flag for more details.
stderr | error Command failed with exit code 1.
stdout | info Visit https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/run for documentation about this command.
- code: 1

exec error: Error: /scripts/build_aab.sh exited with error code 1 (signal: null)
Error in buildAndroid: Error: /scripts/build_aab.sh exited with error code 1 (signal: null)
    at exec (/scripts/lib/exec.js:129:13)
    at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
    at async buildAab (/android/buildAndroid.js:398:3)
    at async callback (/android/buildAndroid.js:572:55)
    at async run (/scripts/lib/steps.js:25:53)
    at async Object.execute (/scripts/lib/steps.js:41:50)
    at async buildAndroidUpgraded (/android/buildAndroid.js:577:3)
    at async Queue.processAndroidJob (/android/index.js:100:9)
DONE

The issue has been fixed.
Apparently, I had turned on the location switch in publishing modal but did not use any location features in the app.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.