Preview & Test Individual Screen

Hi All,

I’d like to preview and test button functionality and visibility on a specific screen when building my app. Unfortunately, I can’t view screens individually, and I can’t see what the functionality will look like. Do I have to publish the app in testflight, and constantly test on my phone? I also don’t know how to get to screen size to mimick the actual app preview. Any suggestions?

Hi Jeremy @Jeremy64,

Answering your last question: you can user browser’s responsive view features. This thread might be useful for you: Please tell me how to use "Preview" rightly - #6 by ishantanusrivastava

If you would like to view screens individually without clicking all the way through to the screen in question, you can temporarily set this screen as Welcome / Home (if you’re testing with logged-in user). Sometimes this is useful when debugging / adjusting certain part of the app.

However please keep in mind that in a lot of cases screens require data from the previous screens. E.g. if you have a “Products List” screen with a product catalog, and by clicking on a certain product user gets to “View Product” screen, you can’t simply make “View Product” a Home/Welcome screen. This screen won’t display correct data as there is no “Current Product” in this case.

So I’d advise using this approach with care.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Victor.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.